Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Headstart. These terms govern your access and use to the website Headstart.io, Headstartapp.com and sub-domains.
You agree that by creating a profile, registering, requesting a demo, accessing or using our Services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with Headstart (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this Contract (“Contract” or “Terms of Service”), please do not register (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this contract, at any time you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Services.
This Contract applies to Headstart.io, Headstartapp.com, sub-domains and other Headstart-related sites, apps, communications and services that state that they are offered under this Contract (“Services”).
You are entering into this Contract with Headstart AI and its subsidiaries (referred to as “Headstart”, “we” and “us”).
1.4 Users and Visitors
When you register an account as a candidate or corporate user on Headstart you become a User and can access and/or use certain services and features of our Services (“User”). If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a “Visitor”. This Contract applies to both Users and Visitors.
2.1 Service Eligibility
By using our Services you warrant and represent that:
You’re eligible to enter into this Contract
You are at least 16 years old or otherwise recognized as being able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law
You register as a User with your real identify and personal information. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16
You are not already restricted by Headstart from using the Services
2.2 Your Account
Users are account holders. You agree to: (1) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) not misuse or transfer any part of your account and (4) follow the law and our guidance and policies. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you report misuse.
As a User your account belongs to you. However, if the Services were purchased by another party for you to use (e.g. your employer), the party paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such paid Service.
If you buy any of our paid Services, you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and agree to any additional terms specific to the paid Services. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your paid Services.
2.4 Notices and Messages
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
You can control our communications through the settings page.
When you share information on our Services, some can see, copy and use that information.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, mails etc. Some information and content that you share may be seen by other Users. Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1. Your License to Headstart
As between you and Headstart, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services, and you are only granting Headstart and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license:
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to Headstart, you agree that Headstart can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. Headstart may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3.2 Service Availability
We may change or discontinue any of our Services.
3.3 Third Party Sites
You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use third-party apps or sites that link from our Services (for example, registering via your Linkedin). If you allow a third-party app or site to authenticate you that app or site might be able to access information related to you. Third-party apps and sites have their own legal terms and privacy policies, and you may be giving others permission to use your information in ways we would not. Except to the limited extent it may be required by applicable law, Headstart is not responsible for these other sites and apps – use these at your own risk.
Headstart reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if we believe that you may be in breach of this Contract or law or are misusing the Services.
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights
Headstart reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Using the Services does not give you any ownership in our Services or the content or information made available through our Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
3.6 Automated Processing
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No Warranty
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW, HEADSTART AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT HEADSTART WORK WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) (A) DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT); (B) DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
4.2 Exclusion of Liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW (AND UNLESS HEADSTART HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS CONTRACT), HEADSTART AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT HEADSTART WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, CANDIDATES, JOBS, ROLES, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
Both you and Headstart may terminate this Contract (subject to any separate Contract you have made with Headstart (which may prevail)) at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
Sections 4, 6, 7, and 9.2 of this Contract;
Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
6. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
You and Headstart agree that the laws of England & Wales, excluding conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and/or the Services. You and Headstart agree that claims and disputes can be litigated only in London, UK.
7. Business uses of our Services
If you are using our Services on behalf of a business, that business accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify Headstart and its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees.
8. General Terms
Here are some important details about the Contract.
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it unenforceable, you and Headstart agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and Headstart agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.
To the extent allowed by law, the English language version of this Contract is binding and other translations are for convenience only. This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you sign an additional contract for our Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If Headstart doesn’t act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that Headstart has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that Headstart may assign this Contract to its affiliates, subsidiaries, a party that buys or as part of, merger acquisition or the like, it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
9. Headstarts “Dos and Don’ts”
This list of “Dos and Don’ts” details what you can and cannot do with our Services.
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information on your account, in your communications and to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile; and
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on Headstart, misrepresent your identity, create a User profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service;
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties, without the consent of Headstart;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose;
- Violate the intellectual property rights of Headstart or others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Headstart without our express consent;
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without Headstart’s consent;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services);
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Violate any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service.
Please contact us if you wish to complain and we will respond in a timely manner.
11. How To Contact Us
Our Contact information.
If you want to send us notices or service of process, please contact us online by emailing [email protected] or post to Headstart, 14-22 Elder Street, London E1 6BT